Using a couple of main ingredients as the basis for your meals will help you save money when you're batch cooking on a budget.
Blake has made many recipes that started with the basics.
Start with these ingredients:
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/4” thick rounds
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 1/2 -2 pounds yam, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 x 540ml cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp. dried onions
- 2 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF, line two baking sheets with Reusable COOKINA Parchminum mats and bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Cook the carrots, potatoes and yam in the boiling water for 6 minutes, drain.
- Toss together the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and then add the blanched vegetables and toss gently to combine.
- Divide evenly between the two baking sheets and cook for 40 minutes
Save for latter in the new Reusable COOKINA ZipRRR Large Marinade & Storage Bags
View next blog for more!