Asian Salmon Skewers by Le Fit Cook
Output: 4 skewers
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Ingredients & quantities:
- ⅓ cup (85 ml) soy sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sesame oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fish sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 350 g salmon, cubed
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 2 red peppers, cut into large pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into large pieces
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sesame seeds
- Place all marinade ingredients in a mason jar. Mix well.
- In a COOKINA ZipRRR Large reusable freezer bag, place salmon cubes and marinade. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Using skewers, skewer the marinated salmon cubes, courgette slices, red pepper pieces and red onion pieces.
- Put a COOKINA barbecue grill sheet on the BBQ and place the skewers on it. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve the salmon skewers with basmati rice and garnishes.
For the green onions, I love to serve them fried. Simply soak thinly sliced green onions in ice water for 15 minutes, then drain. The result is super elegant and gives a flashy visual to the presentation of her Asian-inspired kebabs.