As part of the Digital Skills for Youth Program, COOKINA has an opening for a Web Marketing and Social Media Videographer Intern, available starting April 2022, reporting to the Marketing Director.
Among your responsibilities you will be responsible for helping management capture the day-to-day and tell the story of how COOKINA is an essential alternative to single-use products. You must be comfortable filming and editing on the go with a camera or mobile phone. Create a story that inspires and motivates the audience to switch to reusables. Be prepared to put yourself in different situations to get your photo or story!
Working hours are Monday to Friday, flexible between 8 am to 5 pm, remote for the period of the pandemic and review after.
- Digital savvy and familiar with all social media platforms including, but not limited to, YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
- Able to use all the basic equipment of an influencer
- Able to identify what followers want to see and understand that each platform uses a different style of storytelling to achieve optimal engagement.
- Obsessed with food culture / is a foodie
- You are able to communicate how you feel and what you need to succeed.
- Able to tell a story from beginning to end (creating a beginning, middle and end).
- We're not looking for a filmmaker, just someone who can pick up a camera and has the inherent ability to film the elements needed to tell a good story.
- Your job is to tell OUR story in an engaging and powerful way. To showcase our products and the many ways they can be used. Tapping into the reality and needs of today's working life at home, with or without children.
- Filming and capturing all content daily in the kitchen, on an outing, always keeping in mind our products and mission.
- Plan content with the department head and social media manager.
- Adhere to the media publishing schedule/calendar
- Basic editing and cutting/uploading in vlog style.
- Generating ideas for content
- Shooting longer formats for campaign videos and documentary content
- Uploading, downloading and tagging footage for viewing and archiving.
- Proficiency in working with the Adobe suite
- Content creation for Instagram, Tik Tok and YouTube
- In-depth knowledge of food and recipe trends
- Knowledge of green culture and relevant trends
- Ability to tell short stories
- Very comfortable in front of the camera and on social media
- Initiative and ambition - willing to identify and do what needs to be done
- Ability to work independently without supervision for the good of the team
- Fluent in English and French.
Internship conditions and benefits offered:
- Internship - flexible 40 hours per week for a period of 2 to 3 months (a permanent position may be offered after the internship depending on availability)
- Salary - between $18 and $25 depending on the candidate's profile
Note: a number of training days (paid and mandatory) in digital skills development are an integral part of the internship.
The intern must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be between 15 and 30 years old at the start of the internship
- Have completed a post-secondary degree
- Not have participated in the NYC program since April 1, 2020
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have been granted refugee status in Canada
- Consider themselves underemployed, i.e. working in a job that requires a skill level lower than the level of education attained, or working part-time or unemployed.
Those interested in applying are invited to send their curriculum vitae before 16 April 2022 at 4pm to: email@example.com
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
This initiative is funded by the Government of Canada